Tuesday, August 21, 2007

1-2-3-4 HI-5!!

I wasn’t alive when the Beatles first came to America but for the 4 year old set, this has to be what it was like. Okay, for my 4 year old anyway. Yesterday, we went to see Hi-5 in concert at UCLA. The kids were SO excited. We’ve been listening to the CD for weeks and they know all the words by heart and sing them at the top of their lungs. I will admit, that I know most of the tunes by heard myself an d have had a few of them stuck in my head.

The concert turned out to be a lot of fun. C was up on her feet for a lot of it. Doing the moves, singing the songs. I’m truly disappointed that they won’t be appearing in Vegas for the Telethon. We couldn’t work out the transportation to get them there in time so they’ll be performing at the Chicago local and will do a cut in to the national show. Hopefully, that director won’t butcher them the way they did on “Live with Regis and Kelly”. Anyway, the concert was terrific. And because of our Telethon connections, G was able to talk to their road manager and get us VIP backstage passes.

Okay, what’s a backstage pass to a kids group you may ask? No, it’s not M&M’s without the brown ones (Van Halen) It’s not water, iced at 72 degrees. It’s not assorted deli meats or certain brands of alcohol. It’s much better than that. It’s a meet and greet session with Hi-5 themselves!! About 30 minutes after the concert, we, along with other select kids (I’d say about 30 in all) were ushered into a room). The 5 of them came out and sat at a table and they let each group of kids (we were three kids) come up to the table, meet them, chat with them, get an autographed photo and take a picture with them. OMG! it was so stinking cute. Kimmy commented on Cs green nail polish and asked if she should get the same color. They asked if they enjoyed the concert. Did they dance? Did they sing? C, C and J are all so enamored by Jen they didn’t know what to do. C had put on her Hi-5 t-shirt and they commented on how great it looked. Oh, and all the kids in this VIP thing got a little goodie bag. They got 2 Hi-5 DVD's, a sticker and another group photo. Very generous and way cool. They were all really nice, as they should be, and I know the kids were so excited and thrilled. I’m telling you, the FAB 5 ROCK!

No, this is not C's first concert t-shirt.



Considering how far back we were sitting, I'm really happy how these pictures came out with my little camera.



The "famous" Jen!


Stand by confetti cannons. I've got confetti in my purse to prove it.


My little VIP

Meet and Greet



And the piece de resistance.... can't wait to scrap this event!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, August 21, 2007, Blogger Lisa Spiegel said...

Too cute...but I'm waaaay bummed we didn't get to go...:-( Good thing Cammy can't read your blog or she'd be ticked off royally! What's up with the two new members?

 
At 8:13 PM, August 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great mama you are!!! And backstage passes to boot! I don't think I could have sat through a Hi-5 concert, even for my darling baby girl. You're not exactly my best friend for planting the idea in my head to introduce the show to her. It's one of her favorites, and it's my least! I mentioned you were taking your daughter and I think she was a little bummed I wasn't taking her to Cali for the show! :)

 
At 7:45 AM, August 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just totally cute! What a great mommy indeed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home