Full House Reunion

I worked on the first season (and part of the second) of "Full House". Back in 1987 when I started on the show, I was the "low man" on the writer's assistant food chain, making the least amount of money ($450 for a 60 hour week, plus OT), and yet I was the main person they relied on. I was hired first, I set up the script system, and we worked like dogs. I was living at home at the time, worked, on average, 80 hours/7 days a week and while I loved working on the show, the hours had us fondly referring to the show as the "sitcom from hell". The hours were so crazy that I never had time to spend my paychecks (good) so I managed to literally put into savings every other paycheck (also good) Then the Writers Guild strike happened towards the end of that first season, and it only got nuttier. But overall, I had a great time and have very fond memories of my year and change on Stage 24 at the now Sony lot.
Flash forward to this weekend where I'm working on the "Comedy Central Roast to Bob Saget." It was somehow bizarre for me to see Bob Saget and John Stamos on the stage at the same time. I know Dave Coulier, Jodie Sweetin and Lori Laughlin will be here as well. I was friends with Dave back in the day. We had the hockey bond and even went to a Kings game together once and then worked together on "America's Funniest People" in the early 90's. John, I ran into at Costco once (remember this was back in the day) and shockingly knew who I was. Bob Saget, I worked with on a special about 10 years ago and after the show, when we were all at the bar, saw me and knew exactly who I was. Didn't remember my name (nor would I expect him to) but recognized me and the connection from 10 years earlier. That was cool. So it's just a little strange to see all these guys together and feel like I have a connection (granted in my own mind) to these people from 21 years ago. Isn't that crazy? I should've worn my "Full House" jacket today for old times sake.
And, for what it's worth, John Stamos looks WAY better now than he did 21 years ago. He's a guy who's aged quite beautifully IMO.





2 Comments:
Oh man, I was a full house junkie. I loved John Stamos then, and I love him even more now!!! I am just so star struck that you worked on those cool shows. I am totally in the wrong line of work!
I worked with John Stamos a few years ago and had him sign my Jesse doll. (I know, I'm a geek.) He was pretty cool about it. I look forward to watching the Roast -- a sanitized version I am sure. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home