Sunday, November 16, 2008

Swollen Ankles

So last week I worked. When I finished up with "Big Brother" in September, I thought that would be it for me for work until sometime next year. Then it came up that G was offered to direct "American Idol" Hollywood week. I did the 4 day shoot last year it was a total sit on my butt and take time code job. I figure if I'm going to be sitting, I should get paid for it right? Well, it was a good week. Longer hours than last year but nothing horrific other than some questionable singers. Obviously, I've seen your next American Idol but I couldn't tell you who it is. I made a list of boys and girls that I like just to see who really makes the Top 12 in each. Last year, I came home saying "Carly Smithson and David Archuletta will be your final 2". I was half right but obviously Carly was a strong contender. I don't think I've found those final 2 this year. My list of girl singers is longer than the guys but I think the guys are stronger. I think I've got a top 5 or 6. We'll see if I'm close with anyone that's on my list. We'll all find out in January won't we?

Friday, G and I and a few work friends we recruited, shot a video for C's school. The school is in need of recruiting new families and one of the other mom's who's expertise is marketing, said we don't have any kind of video or video on the website to promote the school and tell the world who we are. And we, well G, got volunteered to help put it together. It's really our pleasure and G has called in a bunch of favors so we had a great crew who really worked hard to shoot a very ambitious schedule. We had two camera crews and we ran all over the campus, got a bunch of really terrific interviews with students and faculty and taped a bunch of great activities featuring the students of all grades. Now starts the edit process but it's gonna be a really cool thing when it's done.

But it was a long day (and a long week). I got to school around 7:45A and by the time C and I got in the car it was around 4PM. Even though I rested and sat as often as possible, by the end of the day, I had hugely swollen ankles. We're talking Fred Flintstone time. Same with the days at Idol. I guess it's a gravity thing. My doctor isn't concerned about it but it is very uncomfortable and by the end of the day (and typing on the computer) my hands are pretty puffy too. I'm doing what she told me by drinking a ton of water and eating protein but I'm still swollen and it's annoying. I wasn't this swollen when I was preggo the first time so I'm hoping that it goes away pretty quickly. I've had to buy bigger shoes which I'm still puffing out of .

I'm in the final 5 weeks 'til the 37 week due date. I'm finally not overscheduling myself starting this week. I've got maybe one thing a day to do so I'm planning on just dropping C off at school, coming home to take a nap, and that's about it. I seriously need the downtime. I'm exhausted and the Boo-Boo's haven't even arrived yet.

And for those who are concerned, the fires here in So. Cal are horrible but thankfully not near me. The closest is about 15 miles away which is causing a LOT of smoke and ash. It's awful to breathe, smoke is everywhere, and I hope they can get some kind of handle on any of them soon. I do know people who have been evacuated and I hope their homes are ok but we're thankfully fine, other than smokey.

2 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, November 17, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the fires are not affecting you.

Keep safe...been thinking of you lately! Have an awesome week!

 
At 8:33 PM, November 17, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you're doing good! can't believe the little ones are just weeks away from their debut! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home