Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Whew!

After the way I was feeling earlier in the week, I was sure my doctor would be yelling at me today. On Monday, I was feeling crampy and by the mid-afternoon had a tummy ache. The ache went away yesterday but there was still that crampy feeling. So in the bumper to bumper traffic that is known as Los Angeles, I drove to see my two doctors today. It took about 90 minutes and I left at 10:20A (I was about 30 minutes late UGH). I expect that at 8AM, but not after 10A. But then again, it took over an hour to go 10 miles to get my massage yesterday but I digress.

First up, was seeing my OB. Yup, I've got swollen ankles and feet but my blood pressure is perfectly fine so no danger. Everything else is nice and closed in there so there's no signs of any changes (aka pre-term labor) which is exactly what we want to hear. There's one test that she's been giving me which is an indicator for pre-term labor and they've all come back negative. This is the last one she'll give me, they stop doing them after 34 weeks. I'll go back next week for a heartbeat monitor of some form. Traveling cross town on the day before Thanksgiving should be a really fun activity.

Anyway, after I left my OB, I went to the Gestational Diabetes doctor (we've eliminated the perinatologist). He's very happy with my GD numbers. I think I've kind of figured out what works for me food wise and what doesn't. At the moment, we'll stick with trying to keep this under control by diet. If it changes and my numbers go up, then we'll go from there but we're in the home stretch so if I had to go on meds, it wouldn't be for very long. Then he did an ultrasound on me since this is the first time he's seen me. The Boo-Boo's are doing great. Measuring, again, about a week ahead of 32+ weeks. Fluids are all good, heartbeats are great. He just wanted to make sure that any diabetes issues weren't effecting the babies in terms of their size. He also said that they're both still head down (yay) and that Baby A is weighing about 5.2 pounds and Baby B is weighing about 5.5 pounds. They're both getting big and that's better when they do come out so that there are less issues.

Changing topics. G got a really good directing gig so I have to brag. After his directing "Idol Gives Back" and the "American Idol" finale, the former executive producer of Idol is doing another dance competition show. It's going to be international dance teams competing and being judged a la the Olympics. Nigel offered the show to G and got NBC to approve him. So G's going to be directing a 5 episode series for NBC. WOO-HOO! Great opportunity and of course the money doesn't hurt. So, how does this relate to the Boo-Boo's? Well, he'll be shooting the show through December 20 which is the start of my 37th week and the due date we've been going with. So it's now really important that the Boo-Boo's stay in there as long as possible.

Off to practice my headstands...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home