Saturday, December 20, 2008

37 weeks

Well kids, we're here. We're officially 37 weeks. That means that the Boo-Boo's are full terms. I went to see Dr. C today. I had gone on Tuesday and walked away quite down from the possibility of inducing. I had another conversation with her today and told her that I was first of all quite upset at the concept of induction but also I needed to make it clear that I did NOT want a c-section. I understand that if I'm pushing for X number of hours or whatever and that becomes necessary (we were close when I delivered C) so be it. But I wanted assurance that IF I'm going to induce that I needed to know that all signs were going to point towards a successful induction. I'm not interested in inducing, having it not work and because of the holidays, we'll just do a c-section. I'll walk out of the hospital before I do that for someone else's convenience.

It turns out my doctor is going to be out of town the 24th thru the 28th which is perhaps why she's pushing for induction. And after all that I've been through with this pregnancy it would be disappointing for her not to deliver the Boo-Boo's, but I'm doing this based on her schedule. If I have to have Dr. B deliver than so be it. We go to the peri on Monday who will do another weight assessment and an internal exam, then we'll call Dr. C and all decide together if I'm close enough to then do the test to determine if the lungs are mature enough to induce. If so, then we'll probably go in on Monday night (hey, helps with traffic), induce and have them Tuesday "brunch" as Dr. C says. We'll see on Monday where we're at. Today, I was 1-2 cm dilated, 80% effaced but -2 which means they're still pretty high up there. Probably because both heads are right next to each other. Neither one has dropped to then put added pressure on my cervix to keep things moving. As long as I get through the weekend, when G is done with work, all will be fine. Stay tuned on this one...

It's been a busy week, as usual. While I was able to lay pretty low this week, I still had things to do. I did what felt like a million holiday cards. I swear, I think we sent out over 150 cards. Why? Still not sure. We need to scale that back a little bit. It's nice to connect with people and perhaps we'll send out just as many to show off the almost 1 year old babies, but still, it's a little out of control. I made my own Hanukkah cards again this year. Three years in a row, I think. I'm happy with them this year and then the requisite photo card from Costco. I'll scan tomorrow and post.

And it's been a busy week for C at school. She's now on winter break but yesterday was the kindergarten Hanukkah celebration at school followed by a free for all party at one of the kid's houses. My kid, who never sleeps as many of you know, was lights out before 8PM yesterday. She was exhausted. And it worked in my favor because I had a lot to do to get the teacher gifts all ready. From a wonderful, creative new blog that someone passed along, called Little Birdie Secrets, I made homemade hot chocolate with peppermint marshmallows for the teachers. They came out cute if I say so myself.


And yes, I made cup of the hot chocolate and it's yummy and the marshmallows are quite tasty too. And of course, I have to do fancy gift bags (thanks Janna for the endless inspiration from UI) and cards, etc. etc. And I made a magnetic "notes" board for C's teacher. Thankfully these things don't take too long but I did only start that project at 10PM last night. It all got done and everyone seemed appreciative. I only can motivate to make the effort when I know someone "gets" the effort that I put in. I've learned that lesson.

Now that the cards and pressies are off the checklist, C and I finally decorated for Hanukkah. We'll be celebrating the first night just us girls it looks like. I have to pull out the couple of pressies I have and wrap them up for her. It's gonna be a low key Hanukkah this year with the Boo-Boo's impending arrival. Now, the only thing that really needs to happen is I need to start dealing with the school yearbook. Oy, haven't dealt with that at all but I'll try to start this weekend and make a small dent in what I already have.

And for those DGA members out there who might be reading this (anyone? anyone?), vote for G for the "American Idol" finale. Shameless plug.

3 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, December 20, 2008, Blogger Erin Cookmeyer said...

The hot chocolate jars turned out so cute! I am glad you got some use out of that site. It has really helped my mojo lately. ~E

 
At 10:45 AM, December 20, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow....I love those hot chocolate jars. So fun!

Keep us posted on what happens on delivery date! I'll be watching your blog. So excited about those two cuties! Can't wait to see pictures! :D

What an amazing holiday bundle of joy! Times TWO!

 
At 12:36 AM, December 21, 2008, Blogger Megan R said...

THe hot chocolate looks great! Neat idea!! I'm so excited about the boo boo's. Will wait anxiously till I hear from someone, but otherwise pop me an email when you can. Good luck for it all, I'm sure it will all go really well, and you will soon have two wee poppet's in your arms!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home