Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Okay, finally

Got plenty to blog about but finally have photos and things to back it up. So we'll do one at a time. Really throw off those of you who attempt to follow my ever growing belly and life and then wonder where I drop off to for 10 days at a time.

Okay, let's talk about a baby shower. A few of my fabulous girlfriends and my sister threw me a baby shower last week. These are all wonderful women who I've met since C came into the world (well, except for my seester).
A lot changes when you have a kid and I'm lucky that I am still close with lots of the people were who at the first one, which is why I didn't want to obligate anyone to the second one. Okay, grandmothers, sister and C's Godmothers being the exception. It doesn't occur to me, except in instances like this, that I have friends from so many different places and interests in my life. From school to Gymboree with our girls were about 1 years old to scrapbooking to pre-school. And that's where my life has changed so much, for the better, in the past 5+ years. So there were about 16 of us at the yummy restaurant P6 in Westlake Village for a fabulous lunch.

One of my uber-creative friends Mollie made up the menu cards. How adorable are these?


My sister, as usual was the official photographer and took a zillion pictures including a shot of every entree.

She's got a thing for photographing food but it's all so pretty it's not that crazy. I won't bore you with pics of all the dishes but here were the yummy desserts.




And I got spoiled with some wonderful pressies. Yes, I need to get off the computer and make the thank you notes (that's tonight's project). But the Boo-Boo's are pretty well stocked at this point thanks to all these wonderful, fabulous, generous women in my life. I love you all so dearly and my life would not be as blessed without each and every one of you in my life. You are all the true definition of friend to me and thank you for celebrating with me. I missed you C and A.

As for the Boo-Boo's, holy shit, we've got about 3 weeks to go. We're down to the wire. Got the car seats (thanks to R), strollers (thanks R & J), and the rest of the stuff is pretty much piled up in the babies room. I need to start doing things like make the cribs, get my bag for the hospital ready, pull out the clothes that I have, wash them and pack an outfit for the hospital, etc. I'm pretty much free tomorrow and Thursday after drop off so I'm hoping to get that all done. I've done enough procrastinating. In spite of the swollen ankles, something's got to get accomplished.

The Boo-Boo's themselves are doing great. Had a doctor's appointment last Wednesday before Turkey day and yesterday. Did the whole heart monitor thing and they both got an A+ from Dr. C. They're still very active and kicking away. They're both head down so the vaginal delivery thing is looking very good. Both heads are pretty much right next to each other which is why I'm probably feeling so much pressure down there. Thankfully, even with the swollen ankles, my blood pressure is still normal. I can barely move by the end of the day but if they say it's good, who am I to argue? Sleeping is a little tougher. I'm up every 90 minutes or so to roll over which is a challenge. But that's about right as Mother Nature starts to prep for the complete lack of sleep that comes with newborns.

Went to see my Lactation Consultant today. (sorry if this is TMI but too bad. It's real life). I breastfed C for almost 15 months and I'll certainly do my best with these two. But had to go see the LC to say "HOW do you do it with two?". So got a quick refresher today. I'm sure she'll be hearing from me after their arrival but at least I've got some strategies to start. She also "talked" to the Boo-Boo's (think dog whisperer) and she says they're doing great in there. And then before we left, she said she knows what their sexes are. My friend L was with us (besides being a great friend, she's a Lamaze instructor and wanted to listen to information on breastfeeding twins for future students) and she really wants to know. G figured she should write it down in a sealed envelope and we'll see if she's right. I guess when I call her after they arrive, I'll have to see what she thought and we'll see if that was correct.

Okay, that's it for the report for today. Coming up, shameless plug for the flute concert on Thursday, some family update stuff and showing off a photo shoot. Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home