Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Belly pics update

Well, we're definitely in the home stretch. Less than two weeks to go. We still have to have the Boo-Boo's stay in until after the 21st come hell or high water. So I'm going with the 22nd, 2-two's, two babies, 2nd night of Hanukkah. So cross your two fingers that the karma of two is worthy.

Went to see the GD doctor today. My diabetes numbers are really good so I'm pretty much out of the woods there. I won't go off and drink milkshakes for the next few weeks but at least I won't have to go on any medication as long as I keep watching my diet and don't do anything stupid. The Boo-Boo's are doing great in there too. Plenty of fluid around them, both head down (they've been head down for a good 6-7 weeks now) and doing great. Baby A is about 6lbs. 4 oz. Baby B is around 6lbs. So they're both well over 6 pounds which is wonderful in terms of delivery and the bigger the better. Heck, C was 7lb. 15 oz so anything smaller than that will be just fine. But it also means that I'm carrying around more than 12 pounds of baby so it's no wonder I'm tired, feel the weight and pressure down below. I still can't get over the ginormity of my feet, ankles and legs. They're huge and uncomfortable. I can barely get any shoes on at this point. Doesn't really hurt, just uncomfortable. I guess it's distracting and I'm not noticing if my back hurts. Anyway, Dr. S. said I'm pretty much done with him. Since I'm closing in on 36 weeks and they probably won't let me go much past 38 weeks, there's no point in scheduling an appointment in 3 weeks at 39 weeks unless my OB says so. I go see her on Friday.

So C and I had a bit of a photo shoot tonight. It's been a few weeks since I've taken official belly pictures and since we're in the home stretch, I needed to document the basketball belly. So here are some photos. Obviously, the ones that are just me, C took.

Nice profile...


35 1/2 week belly...

Yes, that measures 47" around.

Big sister C and the Boo-Boo's
And no, I cannot button the top completely.

4 Comments:

At 5:21 AM, December 10, 2008, Blogger Suzanne said...

Juls! You look positively glowy! I'm getting so excited for you! Praying for the 2's! :-)

 
At 9:41 AM, December 10, 2008, Blogger Lisa Spiegel said...

Loving the idea of the 2's..

I had a little giggle with the last picture..like your belly is the snow globe...tee hee!

 
At 7:03 PM, December 10, 2008, Blogger Irene Palma said...

Wow, Julie! WOW! You look great! Hang in there, will be thinking of you on 12/22!

 
At 7:36 AM, December 14, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How very, very, very cute! I love those belly pictures! Priceless. And yes, I'm sending you good wishes for the 2-twos! How fun!
And thank you SO MUCH for the beautiful birthday card! I love it! So thoughtful, and caring of you. Truly made my day to get your card. Many hugs to you. I'll be checking in anxiously expecting to hear news about the beautiful bundles of joy! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home