Post concert and the move to the dark side
We had our flute choir concert tonight. It actually went well. Yes, I sound surprised because some concerts are rockier than others. This one was nice. We had some nice, new holiday music that was actually pretty. Nice arrangements which is important, especially when I'm playing bass. I go out of my mind when the bass flute part is a bunch of whole notes. At least all the music I played tonight (3 C flute and 4 bass parts) all had something to do so I wasn't bored. We had one piece that I played a lot of high notes with the piccolos (do you think I'll ever play my piccolo again for real?) and it finally got to me with the breathing. It's been a challenge but leave it to the concert for me to actually, finally get winded. Annoying since it was a nice piece. I felt like I had to breathe after each measure, but it was just that piece.And the flute choir was wonderful in giving us a gift for the Boo-Boo's. I will admit we haven't opened it yet. Once we got home, my ankles and legs were so uncomfortably swollen, that I just came upstairs to put my feet up. For those that are wondering or concerned, up until the actual concert, I sat on a stool for all rehearsals. Only for the actual concert did I stand.
Okay, official photo to come tomorrow but I have officially gone to the dark side. I own a minivan. I've always said "I will never own a mini-van". In fact, I think it was tattoed on my forehead. But with two babies coming, my Lexus SUV just won't hold 3 car seats in one row. So I've been broken down and we got a Honda Odyssey. It's dark gray with leather interier. It's got the automatic doors and the 2009 rear has an automatic button. It's got 76 miles on it. I need to clear out my Lexus and I don't have time to do that until the weekend so two more days officially in that car and then we'll make the switch. I did take the time to program my XM channels on the radio. Priorities after all. It's really nice though so if I have to drive a mini-van, I'm excited. Hey, I guess I can keep my "I will never own a minivan" mantra. We're leasing!





1 Comments:
Okay, programming XM pre-sets officially embeds you in the community that is mini-van owners/lessors! At least for the next few years, until the older sister can ride up front!xo
Post a Comment
<< Home