End of an era
Well, kids here we go. My doctor wants me to come in at 1AM so we'll be leaving the house in about an hour. So apologies for the lack of Hanukkah day 2 update. It'll come eventually.I went to see Dr. S the GD/perinatologist today. We had another conversation about induction (this time G was there) and some of my concerns. He agreed that there's no reason to anticipate a C-section but obviously nothing is 100%. I get that part. If he didn't think that I was good to go, he wouldn't be on board with moving ahead either. He also said quite frankly, that he didn't think delivering, much less twins, during a holiday weekend was the greatest of ideas. Even though I'm at one of the top, biggest medical centers in the country, people are distracted, do or don't want to be working, etc. He said that I've passed every criteria as far as he's concerned so he feels more than comfortable with me inducing and moving ahead. Plus Dr. C wouldn't be there after the 24th so another factor to think about. He did ultrasound measurements and both Boo-Boo's are still going great. He estimates that both are over 7 pounds. Holy shit! No wonder I've gained 6-7 pounds in the last week and can barely move. He did the amnio/lung test and then the heart monitor and then we waited around all day to hear from Dr. C.
When G and I were driving home, obviously we were discussing the options. As much as I don't want to induce, clearly, these babies are good and strong. I was about 20 minutes away from a C-section withC and she was 7lb. 15oz. If his weight numbers are correct, and I waited a few more days, then we would be getting closer to 8 pounds and that's just asking for a c-section. Given the choice, I'd rather get them out than be cut open, if at all possible. Oh, and Dr. S did say that Baby A seems to have dropped into the first position to come out. That was good because they were essentially ear to ear for 2 weeks and we didn't know who would win the arm wrestle. With one further down, that's certainly putting more pressure on my cervix to keep moving along.
So waited around all day for Dr. C. She didn't call so I paged her at 6PM. No, her receptionist, who I know well, didn't call but she told me that the lungs were quite mature and we were good to go. So we're going in at 1AM and they'll start me on a low dose of pitocin. I'll try to find out where I am on the Bishop scale and see if they can start me on a prostagladin gel to slowly open my cervix instead of the pitocin. I expect to see her around 7-8A. And she thinks we'll deliver between 10A-noon, 2PM the latest.
I'm nervous and excited to finally meet and see the long anticipated Boo-Boo's. Big surprise for everyone. I'm also a little melancholy because it's the last night of just being a family of 3. I think C is excited but a little bit of me is sad. It's no longer just the three of us. We won't be able to just go and do stuff for a little while. C will no longer be queen of the house and she'll have to share us with two other people. That's a little sad. She wanted to have one big family of 3 group hug before she went to sleep tonight. I know it's all good and a family of 5 is very exciting but it's really the end of era in a lot of ways.
So, my dear friends, who've been with me for this long journey, I'm off. I will post as soon as I can get computer access. Photos and stories will be posted as soon as possible.





5 Comments:
Oh, Julie! Totally awesome. It may be the end, but what a joy to come. All the best to you and C & G and Boo Boos.
Ohmygosh, so exciting! Juls, everything will happen just the way it's supposed to. Hugs! And what do you mean C won't be the queen of the house anymore? :thinking: Yea, I think she WILL! :-D Can't wait to hear your news! Are you done yet? LOL
I'm so excited for you Juls. I can't wait to see the Boo Boos! Happy thoughts are going out to you and your family. :)
The end but just the beginning! Family of 5 is wonderful! (oh, and she's doing great if anyone is reading this at 3pm in the afternoon!)
waiting anxiously for an update and some pics!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home