Hanukkah Night 1
I figure I should keep up with the Hanukkah happenings while I can. I'm sure at some point I will disappear.Night 1 was quiet, just me and C since G was working. It was easy since last night we braved it and went to The Grove so C could pick out her very first American Girl doll. Several months ago, when we found out about the Boo-Boo's, we thought that an American Girl doll would be a good, big pressie for Hanukkah for the new big sister. We didn't know when we would go and since G had the day off yesterday, we thought we'd brave it even though it's the last shopping weekend before Christmas. Anyway, we went to The Grove and went to the American Girl store. Wow, what a place. I'd been there once before but didn't spend too much time in there. It's quite overwhelming but C did really well. After a little while and several "I can't decides", she narrowed in on the Emily doll.
So we got that for her and one outfit. The Grove was crowded but it was ok. At 7PM they had "real snow" falling which was fun. Okay, it was soap bubbles but it was very cute. C loved it and it certainly looked real as it was coming down.Nice hat from Johnny Rockets.


So for night 1, C got her American Girl doll. She did ask me several times today if we could light the candles early but overall, she handled the anticipation and excitement well. We lit the candles on 5 hanukiahs (hanukiot?)

Here's Emily in outfit #1

And Emily in outfit #2

And she also opened a pressie from Grandpa A and M. It was the DVD of 101 Dalmatians. Always a good movie choice.

We'll see what tomorrow brings. We don't have 8 nights worth of pressies I can tell you that. Between the doll and another big ticket item, that's pretty much it plus oh yeah, the Boo-Boo's are a-coming. I do have two other small things and that's just going to have to be good enough for Hanukkah this year. She'll be fine. It'll just be nice to light the candles together as a family tomorrow, even if it means we then take off for the hospital.
Chag Sameach!





1 Comments:
A beautiful doll for a beautiful young lady. Chag Sameach to you all as well. xM, M and S
Post a Comment
<< Home