Expanding Family
Yes, the Boo-Boo's are coming any minute now but our family has expanded by a few new, truly fantastic people. Let's see if I can make a long story less long.G has a a brother G and a half brother S. They all have the same Dad. Obviously, G and G speak all the time. S is 10 years younger than my G and because of that age difference and just being in different places in life, hadn't spoken in over 20 years. It wasn't anything specific between them other than just losing touch when one is still in high school and one is in their late 20's and working. About 18 months ago, S tracked down BIL-G who in turn passed along everyone's emails, etc. We exchanged holiday cards, and the guys a few emails. Dissolve to this past September, when G and S got together for lunch. They had a nice time catching up so we took it to the next step and scheduled a dinner for the adults to get together and meet.
So, the beginning of November, us 4 adults met at The Melting Pot in Pasadena for a yummy dinner. And it was fantastic. Personally, I felt an instant connection with S & his wonderful wife C. We laughed A LOT and was simply great. It was definitely more like old friends getting together than meeting new people. No awkwardness or weird moments or anything. I can’t quite describe it but it was really a terrific night with great food and even better company. They have an almost 7 year old daughter in 1st grade and an almost 2 year old boy. It’s exciting to know that C has two more 1st cousins in her life.
The next morning we explained to Carly she’s got new cousins and she was excited to meet them. Apparently, S & C explained the same to L who was also very excited to know she’s got a girl cousin and they’re just one grade apart. So we scheduled a family get together for a few weeks later.
On the Saturday after Thanksgiving, we went to their house for the kids to meet each other and have dinner. I guess the fact that after about 2 minutes we never basically didn’t see the girls again was a good thing. They were off playing and had a great time. They got along wonderfully and clearly had plenty to talk about, whatever 5 and 6 year olds talk about. 2 year old S mostly hung out with us and really liked hanging out with his Uncle G. I would’ve been more entertaining and gotten on the floor with him but with my belly, that wasn’t going to happen that night. Soon though. All I know is the next morning, My C woke up saying “Can L come over for a playdate today?” so meeting the new cousins was a success. I’m sure we’ll all get together over winter break so they can all meet the Boo-Boo’s once they arrive and I'm looking forward to it.
I’m very excited to say I have another BIL and SIL, niece and nephew. They’re wonderful and fun and I know C is really excited to have two more cousins. This is the beginning of a beautiful relationship and I’m really happy about it.
Look at these happy girls!


S with his Uncle G

S and his Mommy C

We'll have to work on pics with me and S for next time.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home