15 days old
Our beautiful twin baby girls are now 15 days old. Yeah, sorry for the delayed blog post but computer time is at a premium and there's so much to say and so little time. So you all get what you get and please don't get upset.I'll try to make a long story less long but here's the recap of the last two weeks. We went into the hospital around 1:15AM on Monday night/Tuesday morning December 23. They were having a busy night at Cedars so they asked us to hang in the waiting room and come back at 2. Just what you want to hear right? But we killed the 45 minutes and when we came back they brought us right into a labor & delivery room. After much paperwork and questions, etc. we settled in and they finally started the pitocin (slow drip) around 4:30AM. We did our best to get some sleep at that point. G had just come of a hellish week of work with not a lot of sleep so I'm sure he couldn't see straight at this point. Luckily, there weren't too many interruptions for the next few hours. Let the drugs do their thing. Dr. C came in to check in on us around 8AM. I forget how dilated I was but I was progressing slowly which was fine with me. Didn't need to go 0 to 60 at any point. At about 10:50A, one of the residents came in and broke my water for Baby A. We had to break my water with C as well and boy there was a TON of fluid that came out of me. I think the doctor and nurse were a little surprised and how it just kept coming. I went from 3.5cm to 4.5cm dilated and I still hadn't had my epidural yet. I managed to go another few hours and finally at 1:25P, I cried Uncle and got the epidural. I made it a little over 5cm so I was happy. There's a reason why these drugs were invented. By 3PM, I was 8 cm dilated at stage 0 so we were finally getting close.
At about 4:45P, G got all dolled up in hospital scrubs and I got wheeled down to the OR. With twins, you deliver in the OR not in the L&D room. There were a gaggle of medical personnel, nurses, Dr. C & Dr Bob, anasthesiology, pediatrics outside the door. I started pushing and after about 5 3-counts of 10, out popped Baby A at 5:13P. A beautiful little girl and her little screams were so exciting to hear. They got her over to the table to be checked out by the doctors but everyone was fine. Then the doctors had be start pushing for number 2. I pushed and while I don't remember all of this, I know there was a flurry of action. While I felt the head start to come down, apparently on my second count of 10, the umbilical cord came out before the head. That's not supposed to happen so the doctors sprung even more into action, grabbed the vacuum thing (so I'm told) and I was told to push again even though I wasn't on a contraction. I pushed, Dr. C pulled (sound familiar?) and Baby B came right out. Another beautiful baby girl born at 5:21P.
So Baby A, who we named M, was born at 5:13P. She weighed in at 6 pounds 9 ounces and 19 inches long.
Baby B, we named H, was born at 5:21P, as 6 pounds 11 ounces and 19 1/4 inches long.
Both girls were absolutely perfect which is all that matters.
The story gets a little hairy from here... but I'll wait until tomorrow to post that. It's midnight. I need to get some sleep. But here are a few photos for you all to oogle over.
Me with M

The girls sharing the bassinet in the hospital (just to get them to the room). M (on the left) wasn't too thrilled to have to share the space.

Big Sister C with her little sisters. She's so darn excited.

Miss H sleeping in the bassinet

Miss M sleeping in the bassinet.

Cuddling with H at home
I LOVE the snuggling with Daddy shots.
Together after a feeding. (H on the left, M on the right)





15 Comments:
They are absolutely precious! I am all teary eyed now. Congratulations on your beautiful babies!
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...wow, details even I didn't know!! Thanks for the recap and the adorable pictures!
Just gorgeous! You did so great!!!! So glad its all over with now and you've got all your girls. The daddy shot is very sweet :o) looking forward to seeing them grow up!!
They are so amazing Juls! Can't wait to hear the rest of your story. Yes, Gregg with the girls is precious!!
Lisa A.
Juls they are so beautiful! Congratulations! I cant wait to see more pics. Take care! Jenn
Oh, Julie - they're beautiful. So happy for you.
Mazel Tov,they are so cute.Thanks for sharing the birth story.
Debby
Congrats again! I hope you're feeling well by now. You have a beautiful family! :-)
Pure sweetness! Thanks so much for sharing these precious memories! Congratulations my friend!
oh oh oh !!! they are PERFECT!!! :) Congrats to you all, and welcome M and H!!
Thanks for posting the details and for sharing the pics. They are so beautiful. I can't wait to see them again. xM, M and S
congrats! beautiful family!
Thanks for telling us the story. They are adorable.
omgoodness i love that shot of G with the girls and that one of you with H is just precious. They are just the sweetest!
Congratulations Juls! on your twin girls. Wishing you all the best!
Post a Comment
<< Home