More pictures (finally)
I should be sleeping but I'm not. I know people are completely giving up on me and my poor neglected blog. Computer time is limited and I can barely get through my emails so I haven't had extra time to blog... or start the school yearbook... or post on a few message boards that I frequent and the list goes on.The girls are 4 weeks old today. Unbelievable. They were born 4 weeks ago which is different from their one month birthday. That's Friday and we'll go with the 23rd after this, but humor me on the first 4 weeks and living to tell about it. They're doing well. After the whole jaundice incident when they were a week old (I know, I need to blog that stupid story), and then we went back to the doctor last Monday to determine that they really haven't been gaining weight. M was up 2 ounces to 6 lbs. 6 ounces and H was still at 6 lb. 4 ounces. At 3 weeks, they really should've been back to their birth weight. So besides breastfeeding, we now how to supplement one bottle of formula a day (3-4 ounces) to see if that would help boost their calories and get a little meat on their little bones. While I exclusively breastfed C, there's only so much feeding I can do. I mean, there's only so much milk I'm producing. There have been several days where I've fed them every two hours and they're still hungry. One's body is supposed to produce what they need, if I'm not then I need to give them a little bit more. I'm dealing here this time. I do need to call my Lactation Consultant to see if there's anything else I can be doing to get more production but in the meantime, I figure one bottle a day is not the end of the world as we know it. And with the nanny at night, it works out perfectly that she give the bottle at the midnight-1AM feeding. It (theoretically) gives the girls a slightly fuller stomach and perhaps they'll sleep a little bit longer during the night. But we're finally on the right track and gaining weight.
So here is an official picture from today. My girls were born 4 weeks ago and they're pretty darn cute if I say so myself. H on the left, M on the right.

Plus a few photos from when Susan and Shannon came to visit us about 10 days ago. They've known C since she was about 6 months old so they're both practically family. In fact, Shannon had the honor of seeing C take her very first steps when she was 11 months old. Leave it to everyone else to take better pictures of my girls than me and I snap photos all the time.
Big Sister C & M
C & H (not the pure cane sugar)
Me & H
C, Shannon & M
Susan, Shannon, C, M & H - I love this shot!





3 Comments:
Great pictures! They are adorable...all three of them!
Thanks for the update. You already did official photos. I am so jealous.
Great photos, Juls, they're all gorgeous. And sweet! We loved the card in flute choir last night. Thanks!
Post a Comment
<< Home