Wednesday, June 28, 2006

CKU-A San Jose Photos

I will try to not to bore you with too much detail but I'm posting a bunch of photos for you inquiring minds out there in the blog-o-sphere. Hopefully, you'll find them mildly entertaining and a little tease to some of the projects I completed. I will admit that I will not be posting all the pages of my album and projects because a - they're not all complete and b - it's not really fair to the designers who worked so hard in case someone would choose to completely scraplift their brilliance. I'd be happy to share privately if you need to see more. Oh, I'll keep the photos small (instead of medium) so that it's not an endless scroll just to get through this one post.

Here we go. Here's all of us in line for registration - (l to r) Yvonne, Yezenia, Jenn, Tashia, me and Ginger down front. The fun is about to begin.


Me and my secret pal Maria. What an awesome girl. I did my best to spoil her and it was easy to do. I'm so glad that we met and I know that we'll be friends for a very long time (inking our pages into our 90's). Thank goodness for Maria because the girl who gave to me had the personality of a stick. Her name is Lynn. Never actually got her last name. Ugh. Again, thank goodness for my friend Maria!!


Me and Ali Edwards. Okay, I'm wasn't on the celebrity sightings/must take photo campaign like I was last year. (Hey, I've got proof that we met Karen) But I figured I couldn't pass up an Ali moment. Of course, I was a dork and didn't take a picture with Cathy Z. Oh well. Please take a good look at who's in the background. That actually might be more entertaining than the photo.

Ginger with the first of her FIVE winning prizes. Man, that girl was lucky!

Me and my Junkitz girls. Stacey Panassidi, me, Janna Wilson and Teresa Collins. I've taken 5 or 6 Teresa classes in the past. Boy, is she awesome. But I'm a new groupie to Stacey and Janna. All three of them incredibly nice and amazing creativity that did nothing but inspire me and everyone else in the track.


Here I am, the graduate. It's been 20 years since college so it only makes sense that I'm a graduate again in June. Last year I received my "Masters in Scrapbooking Arts". This year, another "Bachelor in Scrapbooking Arts." I hope my family is proud.


The Vegas girls, 3 out of 4 in the photo anyway. They're friends with Ginger and go to her crops out there and they're fabulous girls. Can't wait to see them again. Hope to meet up with them when I'm in Vegas in August. (l to r) Debbie, Mollie, Danielle and Ginger.

Okay, the stuff you've been waiting for. My album cover.

Table of Contents page.

Love Style pages 1 & 2

Love Style pages 3 & 4

Album back cover. I liked how this came out. Again, we could do anything we wanted throughout but especially on the covers. Anything to bring out our own "style". That was the key to the whole album.


Rusty Pickle's "26 Things I Love About You". I've only gotten through the letter C so there's only 3 things to love at the moment. Cute album. Cutting out the letter stencils is a bit of a pain so I'm seeing some painting of many of the other letters in my future.


Sweetwater class #1 - All About Me. A really cute mini-album with photos and categories saying "statistics", "family", "surprising facts", "dreams" and I forget the last one since it's not in front of me. Perhaps, my new favorite paper line. Pretty pretty stuff. Photos are in. Needs journaling.




Sweetwater class #2 - A Day in My Life. Doesn't have photos yet but it's a super cute tag book with their yummy papers and the chipboards saying "An Ordinary Day", "A Special Day", stuff like that. I couldn't picture what they were going for photo wise so I didn't bring any but it makes sense now and it's stinkin' cute. And a great project for other gifts. Love this one.




Imagination Project - A Perfect Match. A cute matchbook style mini-album with their various lines of paper, cloth tapes and chipboards. Again, simple idea but really cute for future gift giving.

I'm not posting photos of IP's Doodlelicious class because it was pretty lame. A 5 page cardstock album, bound together with (not matching) Gin-X tape and then "go for it" doodling. No real instruction which was annoying since we wanted to learn something. I learned more doodling techniques in the Sweetwater tag class. But to her credit, the instructor heard our grumbling, read the evaluations and apparently revamped it for for future classes. So we're the ones that got screwed. Also not shown is Cactus Pink's Home "Chip and Flip" mini-album. A 6x6 square with 8 3x3 squares all around that "flip" and fold in. No photos on it yet, still needs embellishing and I have to replace the ribbon since it's too hard to actually flip. It'll be cute when it's done and won't take long to finish but not in any photographic shape for it to make sense to share.

Well, that's it for CKU-A in San Jose. I will ONLY do albums again although I hear that's all they're going to do in the future anyway. I love love loved this past weekend. Everything about it. No snafus, no mean people (except for the person that stole the sample album from Danelle Johnson's track. Shame on you), fun and lowkey all around. Awesome. I went to CKU-BABY.

9 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, June 28, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

OMG Juls those are some great pictures! Thank you so much for posting them. AND yes I want to see your complete albumn!

 
At 8:44 AM, June 28, 2006, Blogger Missy said...

GREAT pictures Juls. You album is just gorgeous and all your mini books look fantastic. The flying Yez doesn't show up too well in the little Ali pic...but that is just hysterical.

 
At 9:41 AM, June 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all your photos! Thank you for posting them! I would love to see your full album, and yes, I think you are very right in what you said about posting the entire album....I might have to rethink the idea of posting mine after what you said. I guess I never thought that it could be easily scraplifted. Thanks for the food for thought!
I really had an awesome time at CKU and meeting you was one of the highlights! Can't wait for the next...although next time I'll stay at the hotel instead of commuting every night and also next time we should plan out a dinner or lunch together and maybe some more of the same classes :)

 
At 7:01 PM, June 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh Juls! Finally found my way to your blog and your albums and LO's from CKU are really great. I'm so grateful you posted so those of us you haven't been to any of the CKU's (ahem), can live vicariously.

Loved your photos of Carly and the chocolate fountain - priceless!

See you soon you lucky scrappin queen!

 
At 1:28 AM, June 29, 2006, Blogger Megan R said...

Looked great Juls. I so wish I could go to one day!! I love how going has totally inspired you though, thats awesome!

Megan

 
At 12:56 PM, June 29, 2006, Blogger yezenia said...

Hey Juls, I can easily be Photoshop'd out of that picture. :)

 
At 4:06 PM, June 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME Juls!!! I almost feel like I was there. LOVE the pix!! Can't wait to see the album up close!!

 
At 12:56 AM, June 30, 2006, Blogger Juls said...

Yez, I would NEVER photoshop you out of it. It's definitely part of the charm of the picture.

 
At 5:34 AM, June 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a blast you had! I'm jealous! Your album looks dynamite!!

Lisa A.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home