Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Our Kitchen Table

Happy 4th of July everyone and Happy 230th Birthday America!

We had Carly's classmates over for a BBQ and swim day. We had been trying to get everyone together because we have such a nice class with great families and kids and weekends just weren't working so we tried today. Everyone but one family was able to be there so that was great. We had a great time. Kids were in the pool for hours, ate plenty and plenty of ice cream AND cupcakes. Hey, it's a holiday. Carly was in the pool for the better part of 3 hours. She loved every minutes of it.

Okay the real reason for the post. About 6 or 8 months ago, we finally got our kitchen table. It took many months of research to find someone who would build it for us. We wanted a steel based table with glass on top so we could display our many years of show credentials under the class. Finally, it was made, looks fabulous but we never got around to doing the credentials thing. Until today. Here are some photos and it looks really cool, in our opinion anyway. It was fun/interesting to reminisce about all the old shows we worked on. I found badges from the last 80's like the American Music Awards and all the pageants, telethons and wacky specials I've done since then. Gregg's got some cool ones too from the Super Bowl, American Idol, Tony Awards. Carly is even represented with 4 credentials from shows. Here are a few pics for your viewing pleasure. I'm thinking one of these might end up in my home style from my CKU album.



9 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, July 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That by far is the coolest dining table I have ever seen!!! I absolutely love it Juls and thats a lot of shows!!! Great way to preserve memories. Now can you submit this as an altered item somewhere? :)

 
At 8:49 AM, July 05, 2006, Blogger Missy said...

OMG, that has got to be the coolest table ever!!! What a fantastic idea....I would pay big bucks to borrow the BB7 pass!!!

 
At 9:37 PM, July 05, 2006, Blogger WebAdmin said...

Julie, totally cool!

 
At 1:08 PM, July 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...what an amazing thing to do! Wow. Such a great idea should be in an idea book somewhere. You are a genious! I'll e-mail from home tonight. I just wanted to make sure and say hi. I'm still at work (on lunch break by the way -in case you were wondering)ha ha.

 
At 7:50 PM, July 06, 2006, Blogger Irete's Retreat said...

Table looks amazing! Love it!

 
At 7:42 PM, July 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is SUPER cool!!!

 
At 9:28 PM, July 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa. Awesome table! What an awesome conversation piece!

Loved the BB7 opener, even if I don't know any of the people. Rather liked that first HOH guy, though. Nice to look at!

 
At 1:05 AM, July 08, 2006, Blogger April said...

so cool juls! love it!

 
At 5:08 AM, July 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool, Juls...what a great idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home