Sunday, January 25, 2009

One Month Old

Here are the girls. They're one month old, can you believe it? It does go fast.

H at one month

M at one month (looking a little too washed out thanks to the flash)

The girls together

I'm doing ok with the lack of sleep, although the 2 hours the other night followed by being up until 2AM was a killer. I'm slightly stressed at the long list of things to do and lack of accomplishment day after day. I have a list of thank you notes to write and I desperately need to start working on the HW yearbook and somehow can't get more than a few minutes here or there to get anything done. Yes, I know I should spend less time on the computer but I've got endless emails to try and answer. And half the time, during the day, if it's quiet, I'll fall asleep. Perhaps next week I'll have a little more daytime help to get something done. I'll keep trying in the meantime.

The one thing I can say that's been accomplished in the one month is that I've lost all my pregnancy weight. I didn't say I had my shape back and it's all flabby but I can honestly say I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight. We won't mention that I was 13 pounds heavier than when I started with C but I digress. Considering I gained 50 pounds with this pregnancy, and 10 pounds literally in the last week, it's shocking to me that I'm 2.5 pounds lower than my starting weight. I guess they weren't kidding about breast feeding with twins. I certainly didn't lose it with C and still was hovering with that last 10 after a year. My belly isn't all the way back down so I've still got a little pregnancy pooch which is supposed to go away. I know my legs aren't in shape (as if they were so toned to begin with) so if I bother to actually walk a little, I'm sure that'll help. But the fact that the weight is off, especially after about 3 weeks, is huge psychologically. At least I don't feel like a big blob and I'm really close to getting back into my regular clothes. I've managed to fit into some pants with a few more really close.

G is in Tampa for the Superbowl. Another 9 days until he comes home. Ugh. Of course, it's a great job and fun for him but the timing of being out of town, now twice, with newborns at home is hard. Thankfully, we have help several nights during the week and it makes a huge difference. I know everyone said we *had* to get help and they were right. It's too hard with two and by myself, forget it. I've run out of hands and at 2AM with M screaming, it's been brutal. Now, I just need to get off the computer to take advantage of A being here and doing the 1AM feeding. I have such appreciation for her and all that she's doing to help. Keeping up with the laundry is nice too.

5 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, January 26, 2009, Blogger Suzanne said...

Beautiful pics! Congrats on the weightloss and in the words of Jimmy Buffett, "breathe in, breathe out, move on." It's cliche, but true, no one will remember years from now that all of your stuff didn't get done. Enjoy your kiddos. :-)

 
At 8:19 AM, January 26, 2009, Blogger Debby said...

Adorable little girls .WTG on the weightloss .
Love their butterfly outfits

 
At 6:45 PM, January 26, 2009, Blogger Irene Palma said...

Julie, if anyone can "do it," you can. That said - keeping your sanity and getting some rest is more important than emails and thank you notes. People will understand. You're so considerate but it's okay to slack off a little! And: the girls are gorgeous! Shoulda said that first!

 
At 1:08 PM, January 27, 2009, Blogger Lisa Spiegel said...

Look how cute they are! Here's hoping that next month we get a little smile out of them, lol. I SO wouldn't worry about the thank you notes. Seriously. We get it. Now if you would just go to sleep with A there!

 
At 11:32 AM, February 01, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Juls they are just precious!! Please don't write me a thank you note for the booties. You have way too much to do. Get some sleep!!

Lisa A.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home